The clinic became famous, in particular, thanks to the work of the Center of Otorhinolaryngology, in which they practice surgical interventions in the head and neck, upper respiratory tract and esophagus, and practice plastic facial correction techniques. All operating rooms are equipped with modern equipment that allows for endoscopic, microscopic surgical interventions, manipulations with the help of laser, computer navigation, robotics, etc.
Priority directions in the activity of the medical center are:
- Center for Ophthalmology, in which they practice laser vision correction, implantation of optical lenses, etc .;
- Department of Pediatric Surgery, whose specialists conduct sparing surgical interventions in the abdominal cavity, the urological field. Innovative robotic equipment is used that performs all procedures with maximum accuracy and does not affect the healthy tissues of the body;
- Cardiothoracic surgery, the scope of activities of which includes artery bypass surgery, endovascular surgical interventions;
- The neurosurgical department, whose doctors practice microsurgical interventions aimed at removing tumors, as well as various abnormalities in the development of blood vessels, treatment of the spine, etc .;
- Department of neuro x-ray, equipped with modern magnetic resonance imagers;
- Center for General and Abdominal Surgery. During surgical interventions, medical center specialists use intrasurgical navigation, as well as 3D planning and other modern equipment.
Uniclinic units are practiced by qualified, many of them are known in the world scientific community. For example, Dr. Joachim V. Tyuroff, who is the head of the urology department. The doctor takes part in medical conferences, takes scientific and practical research. He is also a specialist in the following areas: organ-sparing surgical procedures for cancer, kidney transplants, radical cystectomy, pediatric and female urology, etc.
Dr. Pernecki, who practices at the Center for Neurosurgery, has gained worldwide recognition through unique surgical interventions designed to remove aneurysms of the brain. Works of a specialist are printed in specialized medical journals.
The ophthalmological center is managed by a qualified specialist Pfeiffer, who is internationally renowned for their significant contribution to the development of methods for treating eye diseases, including tumors, plastic eye surgery, etc.
All departments of the University Hospital Mainz are equipped with modern high-tech equipment that meets modern standards of medicine. Due to the availability of this equipment, specialists of the medical institution have the opportunity to conduct an examination of each patient attending the clinic, with maximum efficiency. Also, this equipment is used in the treatment of various diseases, while allowing you to act directly on the focus of the disease, without affecting healthy tissues and organs. The priority in the activities of the departments of the clinic is an individual approach to each patient, thanks to which all methods of treatment are applied only depending on the individual indicators of the organism, the scope of the patient's activities, and his preferences. Also, patients of medical institutions have the opportunity to undergo a comprehensive rehabilitation course, which will help consolidate the results obtained during treatment.