The clinic became famous, in particular, thanks to the work of the Center of Otorhinolaryngology, where surgical interventions in the head and neck, upper respiratory tract and esophagus are practised. The clinic also performs facial plastic surgeries. All operating rooms are fitted up with with modern equipment, such as microscopic surgical and laser equipment, computer navigation, robotic technologies, etc.
Priority directions in the activity of the medical centre are:
- Center for Ophthalmology (laser vision correction, implantation of optical lenses, etc);
- Department of Pediatric Surgery, whose specialists conduct sparing surgical interventions in the abdominal cavity and urological field. The clinic uses innovative robotic equipment that performs all procedures with maximum accuracy and does not affect the healthy tissues of the body;
- Cardiothoracic surgery (artery bypass surgery and other endovascular surgical interventions);
- The neurosurgical department, whose doctors practice microsurgical interventions aimed at removing tumours, treatment of various abnormalities of blood vessels, spine, etc;
- Department of Neuro x-ray, equipped with modern magnetic resonance imagers;
- Center for General and Abdominal Surgery. During surgical interventions, medical centre specialists use intrasurgical navigation, as well as 3D planning and other modern equipment.
The hospital's units are headed by qualified specialists and many of them are well-known in the scientific community, for example, Prof. Dr. med. Axel Haferkamp — the head of the urology department. Prof. Haferkamp takes part in medical conferences, takes scientific and practical research. He is also a specialist in organ-sparing surgical procedures for cancer, kidney transplants, radical cystectomy, pediatric and female urology, etc.
Prof. Dr. med. Florian Ringel, who practices at the Center for Neurosurgery, has gained worldwide recognition through unique surgical interventions designed to remove aneurysms of the brain. His scientific researches are printed in specialised medical journals.
The ophthalmological centre is managed by a qualified specialist Prof. Dr. med. N. Pfeiffer, who is internationally renowned for his significant contribution to the development of methods for treating eye diseases, including tumours, eyelid plastic surgery, etc.
All departments of the University Hospital Mainz are fitted up with high-tech equipment that meets modern standards of medicine. Thank to the availability of this equipment, specialists of the medical institution have the opportunity to conduct an examination of each patient attending the clinic, with maximum efficiency. The equipment is used in the treatment of various diseases, without affecting healthy tissues and organs. An individual approach to each patient is their core principle, thanks to which all methods of treatment are applied only depending on the individual indicators of the organism.
Patients have the opportunity to undergo a comprehensive rehabilitation course which will help consolidate the results obtained during treatment.