Capacity — 1,517 beds.
Specialisations: anesthesiology, physiology, dermatology, diabetology, plastic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, oncology, palliative therapy, radiology, rheumatology, otorhinolaryngology, traumatology, urology, pediatrics, visceral surgery, gastroenterology, pulmonology, cardiology, gynecology.
RWTH Aachen University Hospital, as a provider of ultra-maximum care, combines patient-oriented medicine and care, training and research at the international level. The university hospital with 34 specialised clinics, 25 institutes and 5 multidisciplinary departments covers the whole range of medical services. Combining patient care, research and teaching in the central building provides the best prerequisites for intensive interdisciplinary exchange and close clinical and scientific connections. About 7,000 employees provide healthcare services in accordance with recognised quality standards. The university hospital provides about 48,000 inpatient and 183,000 outpatient appointments per year.
FOCUS-GESUNDHEIT, in collaboration with the independent research institute MUNICH INQUIRE MEDIA (MINQ), annually presents the leading German doctors. In order to be included on the list of FOCUS doctors, the must show results that are significantly above average in their field. From 3,600 doctors at the University Hospital RWTH Aachen, 22 doctors from 19 specialised clinics and 23 different departments were selected. They are:
- Prof. Dr. med. Cornelius Bollheimer, Department of Gerontology, Franziskushospital Aachen;
- Prof. Dr. med. Thorsten Orlikowsky, Department of Pediatrics, Department of Neonatology and Intensive Care (Neonatology);
- Prof. Dr. med. Jürgen Floege, Department of Kidney Diseases and Hypertension, Rheumatological and Immunological Diseases, Department of Internal Diseases II;
- Prof. Dr. med. Bernhard Heinz, Department of Kidney Diseases and Hypertension, Rheumatological and Immunological Diseases, Department of Internal Diseases II;
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael Jacobs, Department of Vascular Surgery;
- Prof. Dr. med. Nikolaus Marx, Department of Cardiology, Angiology and Intensive Therapy, Department of Internal Medicine I (Cardiology);
- Prof.Dr. med. Houman Jalaie, Department of Vascular Surgery;
- Prof. Dr. med. Martin Westhofen, Department of Otolaryngology and Plastic Surgery of the Head and Neck (hearing disorders);
- Prof. Dr. med. Peter Walter, Department of Ophthalmology (retinal diseases);
- Prof. Dr. med. Markus Tingart, Department of Orthopedics (hip, knee surgery (endoprosthetics));
- Prof. Dr. med. Elmar Stickeler, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics (breast cancer and gynecological tumours);
- Prof. Dr. med. Frank Hölzle, Department of Maxillofacial Surgery (head and neck tumours);
- Prof. Dr. med. Tim H. Brümmendorf, Department of Hematology, Oncology, Hemostasis and Stem Cell Transplantation, Department of Internal Medicine IV (leukemia, lymphoma and metastasis)
- Prof. Dr. med. Michael J. Eble, Department of Radiation Oncology and Radiation Therapy (radiation therapy);
- Prof. Dr. med. Ulf Peter Neumann, Department of General, Visceral and Transplant Surgery (abdominal organs, gallbladder and biliary tract surgery);
- Prof. Dr. med. Jörg B. Schulz, Department of Neurology (Alzheimer's disease);
- Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Surges, formerly Department of Neurology (epilepsy);
- Prof. Dr. med. Beate Herpertz-Dahlmann, Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy in Children and Adolescents;
- Prof. Dr. med. Stephen Wolfart, Department of Prosthetics and Biomaterials, Centre for Implantology (Aesthetic Dentistry, Implantology);
- Prof. Dr. med. Ulrike Fritz, Orthodontics Clinic (Orthodontics).